INEOS Styrolution equips Haier with high quality material for new fridge liners
- Haier selects INEOS Styrolution Novodur® 595CP for its high Environment Stress Cracking Resistance (ESCR) property and suitability for food contact
- Novodur 595CP’s high ESCR property results in significantly lower fridge liner cracking and higher cost savings
- INEOS Styrolution awarded the 2017 Haier Golden Cube Award
INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics and leading styrenic solution provider in the household industry, has been selected by Haier as the ABS supplier for fridge liners in its new range of refrigerators launched in June 2016. Haier, the world leading brand in household appliances, had identified INEOS Styrolution’s Novodur® 595CP (Liner ABS) as the material of choice for its new fridge liners application. Novodur 595CP’s high ESCR property is a critical characteristic contributing to more than 25% reduction in fridge liner cracking, resulting in higher cost savings for Haier.
In March 2017, INEOS Styrolution was awarded the prestigious 2017 Haier Golden Cube Award* at its annual Global Supplier Conference in Shanghai, in recognition of INEOS Styrolution’s innovation capabilities in the fridge liner application, as well as our collaborative partnership approach with Haier.
- Material of choice for processing, aesthetics and safety: The Novodur product line from INEOS Styrolution provides high impact strength, good surface appearance and good processability, enabling the creation of products that are aesthetically pleasant, durable and safe for daily household use. Novodur 595CP’s high ESCR property, resistance to cyclopentane blowing agent and suitability for food contact, fulfills Haier’s requirements in terms of food contact safety, aesthetics and functionality.
- A versatile and cost effective solution: A trusted material with excellent property retention, INEOS Styrolution’s Novodur ABS is currently used in the fridge liners of top global refrigerator brands.
Sven Riechers, Vice President, Specialties Business Management, Asia Pacific, INEOS Styrolution: “We are extremely pleased to be able to work with innovative and forward looking global brands such as Haier, helping them to find innovative solutions to further enhance their leadership of high enterprise standards in the refrigerator industry.”
*The Haier Golden Cube Award was established in 2015 to promote the ecosystem between Haier and its suppliers. It is also one of the highly recognized awards in the Household industry in evaluating supplier’s innovation capabilities.