INEOS Styrolution to showcase sustainable styrenics at Pharmapack 2024
- Eco-inject exhibits sustainable single-use autoinjector device based on INEOS Styrolution’s bio-circular product NAS® ECO 21 BC70 (booth J41)
- Dr. Frank Eisenträger, INEOS Styrolution, will present “Biopolymers – The key to less carbon?” Check conference stream “Agenda on Sustainability”.
INEOS Styrolution, the world’s leading styrenics supplier will be showcasing it’s circular ECO product line for the Healthcare and Packaging industries at this year’s Pharmapack tradeshow, January 24-25, 2024, in Paris France. Dr. Frank Eisenträger, Market Development Manager for INEOS Styrolution, is scheduled to present on new sustainable solutions made with circular polystyrene and high-performing styrenics materials, in addition to value chain partner Eco-inject exhibiting a medical product application at booth J41 using INEOS Styrolution’s bio-circular NAS® ECO 21 BC70 (booth J41).
INEOS Styrolution has made significant strides in bringing new sustainable products to market, both based on innovative recycling technologies as well as integrating renewable bio-based solutions. Dr. Eisenträger’s presentation will highlight how customers can use bio-attributed polymers to reduce carbon emissions without compromising product safety. With certified bio-circular raw materials, polymers can be produced to enable our customers to meet their lower carbon emissions targets. In fact, with certain styrenics from INEOS Styrolution, 100% emissions reduction can be achieved, depending on the applied methodology.
The company is known for offering sustainable plug-in “ECO” solutions for most of its product portfolio in addition to conventionally produced styrenics materials. A good example is the company’s recently introduced ASA grade to address the growing market of small medical devices for home and hospital: Luran® S MED 797S SPF30, one of the first ASA materials in the market specifically for medical device housings, is also available as bio-circular version Luran S ECO MED 797S SPF30 BC40 with a 40% renewable content resulting in a carbon footprint reduction of up to 52%, all based on a mass balance process certified under ISCC PLUS.
There are a range of commercial healthcare applications based on sustainable ECO materials currently under development. One application example using INEOS Styrolution’s bio-circular grade NAS® ECO 21 BC70 can be found at booth J41 during Pharmapack 2024. The British company Eco-inject will exhibit their sustainable single use autoinjector device for pre-filled syringes.
INEOS Styrolution also offers three dedicated HD (healthcare/diagnostics) styrenics packages for the healthcare industry:
- Full-Service HD Package (risk class I and II applications): Grades come with a notification of change (NOC) term up to 36 months with a signed, long-term supply contract. Grades include Novodur® HD, Terlux® HD, and Luran® HD.
- Essential HD Package (risk class I and II applications): Grades include 12 months notification of change (NOC) with a signed, long-term supply contract. These grades include NAS®, Zylar®, Styroflex®, Styrolux® and K-Resin®.
- Standard Food Contact Package (risk class I applications only): These grades include general-purpose polystyrene, high-impact polystyrene, and standard ABS grades.
About INEOS Styrolution
INEOS Styrolution is the world’s leading styrenics supplier, with a high-performing portfolio of styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialty products. With more than 90 years of innovation in materials science, INEOS Styrolution is focused on customer satisfaction with differentiated solutions that provide a competitive edge as well as investments in technology that enable closed loop recyclability for styrenics while reducing our carbon emissions. INEOS Styrolution applications can be found in many everyday products across multiple industries: including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging, and toys/sports. Operating 16 production sites in nine countries, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of INEOS Group Limited and employs approximately 3,100 people. Sales were 6.6 billion euros in 2022.
More information: www.ineos-styrolution.com
Follow us on Twitter (@styrolution).
 NAS® is a styrene methyl methacrylate (SMMA) copolymer produced by INEOS Styrolution.