INEOS Styrolution’s 2021 sustainability report outlines company goal of net zero emissions by 2050
- Report announces company goal to achieve net zero emissions by 2050
- Company aims to sell half a million tonnes of ECO products in 2030 to support customers in meeting their sustainability targets
INEOS Styrolution’s, the world’s leading styrenics supplier, has stepped up its commitment to climate protection and increased circularity. Its latest sustainability report focuses on the company’s measures to reduce its carbon footprint, while expanding and scaling up its ECO portfolio.
The report outlines the three main pillars of the company’s new sustainability strategy to:
- achieve net zero emissions by 2050, with an expected milestone of 45% greenhouse gas reductions by 2030
- be the front-runner in the circular economy with sustainable products that live up to premium quality expectations
- have a positive impact on societies with safe and efficient materials.
INEOS Styrolution’s ongoing commitment to bring new low-carbon, circular solutions to market has resulted in an extensive ECO portfolio of polystyrene, ABS and styrenics specialties that is second to none. The company’s commitment and continual improvement has been recognised by EcoVadis, resulting in back-to-back platinum ratings in 2020 and 2021, and placing the company in the top 1% of over 75,000 companies assessed.
“We have set our sustainability sights high and are working hard to bring these solutions to market. I am proud to see that with every introduction of a new ECO solution we are proving ourselves as the most reliable partner to our customers – helping them achieve their goals, as well as ours”, says Steve Harrington, CEO INEOS Styrolution.
This report has been prepared in accordance with Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) Standards, the most widely recognised reporting framework for sustainability and has been assured externally.
Visitors to the K Fair this October can explore INEOS Styrolution’s diverse range of ECO products, discover the state-of-the-art technologies used to make them, and meet the people that are making this happen.
For more information about sustainability at INEOS Styrolution and to view the full 2021 sustainability report visit: ineos-styrolution.com/sustainability and styrolution-eco.com.
Visit us at:
- K fair in Düsseldorf, Germany, October 19-26, 2022: hall 6/ booth 6D28
 Scope 1 and 2 emissions with 2019 data as baseline