Styrolution places new term loans
- Total term loan volume of approx. €1.05 billion equivalent
- Equally sized Euro and U.S. Dollar denominated tranches with 5 year maturities
- Proceeds used to finance the INEOS purchase price payment to BASF, redeem the existing Senior Secured Notes and pay related expenses
Frankfurt, Germany – November 7, 2014 – Styrolution today concludes the placement of a new First Lien Term Loan B of approx. €1.05 billion equivalent with institutional investors. The borrowings consist of equally sized Euro and U.S. Dollar tranches, each with a maturity of five years and priced at EURIBOR/LIBOR +550 basis points, respectively. Styrolution Group GmbH and Styrolution US Holding LLC are the borrowers. Standard & Poor's and Moody's have rated the facilities B and B2, respectively.
The loan financing is complemented by a Second Lien PIK Toggle Loan from INEOS Holdings Limited to Styrolution Holding GmbH of €200 million with a coupon of 9.5 percent cash (or, under certain specified conditions, 10.25 percent PIK).
The net proceeds will be used, along with the Second Lien PIK Toggle Loan proceeds and cash at hand, to finance:
- the INEOS purchase price payment for BASF's 50% stake in Styrolution
- the redemption of the existing 7.625% Senior Secured Notes of €480 million due 2016 on November 10, 2014
- related fees and expenses
The acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2014 pending regulatory approval.